At Silk we want to ensure you maintain the beautiful results you leave with. Here are some tips to help you with aftercare.
Since a person's average natural hair loss is between 50-150 hairs per day and a full head of extensions covers approximately 1/3 of the head, you can expect to see a small quantity of naturally released hairs trapped in the attachments after sometime. This is quite normal and should not be interpreted as hairs being pulled out of the scalp by the extensions themselves. Daily brushing close to the scalp and finger separation of the applied strands will avoid matting in this area.
Two weeks after application, return to the salon for a check up appointment.
Activities that result in a constant, damp environment, such as regularly scheduled aerobics, gymnastics, steam baths or saunas may lesson the longevity of the extensions. Precautions should be taken to avoid these conditions being repeated.
Shampooing, Conditioning & Drying
Do not shampoo for 48 hours after completing any hair extension service. This includes the initial service as well as the maintenance services.
Tilt your hair back and cleanse from the top of the head downward. Avoid facing your head downward. Condition and de-tangle only from mid-strand to end, avoiding the scalp area.
Do not dry with a scrubbing motion, but instead wrap hair with a towel to remove moisture. Always dry the base area thoroughly to avoid bond breakdown. Use medium to low heat when air forming and finish with a cool air once the hair is completely dry.
Do not use products that contain sulphar, such as dandruff shampoos. Always use nxt-Anti-Tap water as a final rinse.
Brushing and Combing
Brush 2-3 times a day starting at the nape and working upward.
Use a wide tooth comb to remove tangles from hair ends. Do not use a comb in the area between the scalp and the extension bonds.
Prior to Bedtime
It is also recommended that you pull your hair back into a soft ponytail holder before bed as this prevents tangling while sleeping.
Curling Irons/Hot Rollers
Curling irons and hot rollers may be used, but they must be kept an adequate distance away from the bonds.
Sea water and swimming pool chemicals can cause bond breakage and decrease the longevity of the extensions. To minimize these effects: Prior to swimming, wet the hair completely in a shower. After swimming, immediately rinse the hair and dry the base area.
To ensure your beautiful new lashes last as long as possible:
- Please avoid swimming, spas, tanning and steam for 48 hours - take care to avoid excess steam when showering, exercising and opening microwaves, ovens, dishwashers etc.
- Treat your lashes gently - no rubbing, pulling or picking.
- Please avoid using mascara over eyelash extensions.
- Avoid oil-based products near your lashes, such as eye make-up removers and eye serums. As these can weaken the adhesive bond.
- Due to the natural replenishing cycle of your own lashes, 2-4 weekly infills are required to keep your eyelash extensions looking fabulous.
Pre Tan Preparation:
- Exfoliate the whole body the night before.
- Avoid moisturizers, deodorants and makeup on the day of tanning.
- Wear baggy clothing and open toe shoes to appointments.
- Bring along underwear or swimsuit to be tanned in.
- Hair removal is best preformed 24 hours before getting sprayed.
Post Tan Care:
- Shower as recommended after application - 8 hours.
- Avoid water before this time frame as it can remove the tn.
- Moisturize daily, this will help your tan last longer.
- Swimming in chlorinated water will reduce the life of your tan.
- Avoid any activity that may result in perspiration as this may affect the end result of your tan.